Much like Bushwick Open Studios in Brooklyn, New York, EAST SIDE OPEN STUDIOS introduces a variety of artistic spaces from the east side of Singapore, ranging from more personal working environments to some with more communal elements, with a whole schema of practices ranging from painting, design, sculpture, installation, pottery-making, performance, printmaking, video, text, and curation.
The EAST SIDE OPEN STUDIOS give an opportunity to experience the conditions under which work is produced, as well as the range of activities and forms these spaces accomodate.
These are the participating studios
1. soft/WALL/studs: Level 8 Lam thong Corporation Building, 11 Lor 21A Geylang, Singapore 388429 (Luca Lum, Kenneth Loe, Stephanie J Burt, Weixin Chong)
2. School of Clay Arts: 10 Ubi Cres, Ubi Techpark, Lobby B, #07-33, Singapore 408564 (Elizabeth Gan)
3. STUDIO UBI: 81 Ubi Avenue 4, UB. One building #07-28, Singapore 408830 (Betty Susiarjo, Choi Yin, Hilmi Johandi, Fyerool Darma, Ezekiel Wong Kel Win and Simon Ng)
4. Peninsular: 80 Playfair Road, Kapo Factory, #2-10A, Singapore 367998 (Guo Liang Tan and Kah Kit
5. Tricia Lim Studio / Liang-Gek Cheng Painting Studio / Oddyssey Vintage store: Pei Fu industrial Building, 24 New Industrial Road, #02-07, Singapore 536210
6. 71 Lengkong Empat Studios, 71 Lengkong Empat, Singapore 417652 (Mike Chang, Dinu Bodiciu, Hilmi Johandi, Anca Rujoiu, Tomoko Kasai and invited guests NOTA)